Learn how to create a valuable business marketing plan then speak directly with funders to see if their programs can asisst your specific business needs.
Attend the full workshop or register for just the marketing or funder sessions. Lunch will be provided for those attending the marketing sessions.
This workshop is provided FREE OF CHARGE to thank local businesses in the Leeds, 1000 Islands, Ganaoque and Grenville area.
It is sponsored by the Business Support Network, a partnership of the Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands, the Town of Gananoque, Keys Job Centre, the 1000 Islands-Gananoque Chamber of Commerce, the Ganaoque Library and the 1000 Islands Region Workforce Development Board.
The BSN – Helping Connect Businesses with the Resources they Need.
9:00 a.m. Get Noticed! Be Remembered! and Get Results!
- Realize the NEED to create video content
- Create an ACTIONABLE marketing plan – deciding on frequency and content drivers that will deliver results
- Learn how EASY it is to create QUALITY content using your cell phone
Presented by Melissa Schenk
- Over 18 years of experience in on-air television and online video production
- highly sought after to craft powerful messages that speak to customers, educate prospects, increase conversions and build brand equity.
1:00 p.m. Hear from Local Success Stories
Panelists (to be confirmed)
- Hosptility sector
- Home based
Funder Speed Dating:
2:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Spend a short time speaking privately with various funders to discuss if their programs can assist YOUR SPECIFIC BUSINESS needs
Funders (to be confirmed)
- Small Business Enterprise Centre – Up to $5,000 grant for new businesses. Program offers business planning support, mentorship and so much more.
- Ontario East Development Program, Business Development Component – 50% funding. Priority is on job creation and new/expanding business.
- Leeds 1000 Islands, Heritage Conservation and Celebration Grant – 50% to max $2,000 for renovations on properties with cultural value.
- Gananoque, Community Improvement Grant – details to be provided
- Local Financial Institutions
- Business Development Bank of Canada
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
No. We will have a list of attendees – all we need is your name.
Can I update my registration information?
Just follow the instructions provided by Event Brite. If you have any difficulties, please contact a sponsor.
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Absolutely. Advance notice would be appreciated, but is not necessary.
Is it ok if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person who attends?
No worries – it’s transferable!
Small Business Workshops – 2016
Small Business Week – 2016
- Employment Standards Act
- Employment Standards in Ontario What You Need to Know – Poster
- Health and Safety at Work – Poster
- Health and Safety Awareness Training
- Ontario Ministry of Labour
- 0ntario Workers Act
- Occupational Health and Safety Act Ontario
- In Case of Injury – Poster
Week 5: What Makes a Great Website? Instructor Hanna Bock – Wet Nose Media
Week 4: Instagram
Week 3: Facebook Advertising
Week 2: Facebook Tips and Tricks
Week 1: Create a Facebook Page
Small Business Week Workshop Presentations – 2015
- 3 Social Media Tips for your Business
- 5 Low Cost Tactics to Compete
- Barbara Crowhurst – Retail Makeover – free e-documents
Small Business Week Workshop Presentations – 2014
Social Media Resources
Gananoque Public Library
1. The social media bible: tactics, tools, & strategies for business success / Lon Safko
Nonfic 658.872 Saf
2. 30 days to social media success : the 30 day results guide to making the most of Twitter, blogging, LinkedIn, and Facebook / by Gail Martin.
NonFic 658.872 Mar
Gananoque Public Library is part of a resource-sharing network that makes it possible to borrow books from across Ontario and beyond.
Business Week Workshop Sponsors